Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Today I sat.


I thought I would start this blog of with a poem.
One that speaks of love and thoughts of love.


Today I sat.

That was most of what I did.

Oh, there was the odd moment of getting up, eating, going to the bathroom.

But mostly I sat.

I took time to rake the yard, burn the leaves that just moments before were scattered arond like drops of water that come together at the stir of a breeze and rushed around like waves at the ocean when the wind blew.

I sat.

I stared at the fire and delighted in the crackle of the leaves as they turned black, then red with licks of flames and finally white when all that was left of them was ash.

I sat.

I listened to music that relaxed me and put me in the kind of daze you only get from smoking pot, the kind that makes the world look hazy, amd dreamy, and makes you wonder where all your long forgotten dreams reside.

I sat.

I listened to poems by Pablo Neruda, and fell in and out of love.

I heard your voice and it made butterflies dance in my stomach and bought a smile to my face.

It reminded me of gentle kisses and nights held tight in warm embrace.

I sat.

I put pen to paper and thoughts poured out of me like sweat on a hot summers day.

Thoughts of love, of heartache, betrayals and friendships.

Thoughts of making love, arching backs, sweet taste of fleash basted with juices that flow freely from riding, riding, riding...

I sat.

Today my day was not wasted, though YOU, may think it were.


No comments:

Post a Comment